It’s the 8th Annual Brain Power 5K! BHC! We’re invited to take part!
The Brain Power 5K is the original race in Central Texas raising funds to support brain tumor research while also recognizing brain tumor survivors and those lost to this disease. Brain Power 5K Charity Established 2011 and is now in the 8th annual year. It is now known as the Brain Power 5K, 10K, Survivor Stride & Kids Run.
Funds from the Brain Power 5K support the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation where their contributions have doubled the average survival time of brain tumor patients at MD Anderson and Central Texas Brain Tumor Programs. Local 2018 support includes funding research at locally and supporting indigent brain tumor patients through support groups, group volunteer activities and through community partnerships.
Every 3 minutes someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with a brain tumor. 190,000 each year, 520 each day, 21 each hour. We can change this devastating statistic together. (*American Brain Tumor Association)
• USA Track & Field certified course (TX10036ETM)
• More than 345 participants in the first year race with a growth of almost 20% each year since then with 2016 boasting 1,820 registered participants. The 2017 race brought over 1,500 participants and tons of spectators!
• In the 7 years the Brain Power 5K has contributed almost a half a million to the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation supporting brain cancer research and local, Central Texas patients in need.
Race Day Events
• Kid’s Fun Run at 8:00 a.m.
• Survivor Stride at 8:15 a.m.
• Timed Competitive 10K offered at 8:30 a.m.
• Chip-Timed 5K, then the Fun Run/ 1-Walk at 8:40am
• Post–race celebration and brain tumor survivor recognition following the 5K
• Post-race party & special gift for survivors
• Post-race raffle & awards ceremony
8th Annual Brain Power 5K, 10K, Survivor Stride & Kids RunSunday, September 9, 2018
Central Texas’ Race Against Brain Cancer
• If you are a brain tumor survivor or have a loved one that has been affected by a brain tumor, please send their name to email@example.com so they may be honored on race day.
Raffle for All on Race Day
• Our amazing raffle prizes will be listed on www.BrainPower5K.com
• Bidding opens and closes on race day, 9/9/18.
• Presented to top overall male & female runners, top overall masters male & female runners, and top three in 5 year age categories from 12 and over to 70+. All Kid’s finishers will receive a medal.
• Top Fundraiser wins a prize pack night on the town and is recognized on stage at the awards ceremony.
• We also recognize our largest team, top fundraising team, and best team decorations on race day.
• 2018 Chairs/Race Ambassadors were recently selected. They are Kristy Adair, sister of Kellie Tibbetts who passed away of brain cancer last fall. Our other proud co-chair is Logan Sneed, a 22 year old glioblastoma survivor.
How to Get Involved
Register, Create your Team & Fundraise
• Online Registration OPENS SOON and closes 9/6/18
• Registration Fee increases incrementally each month leading up to race day.
• Walk-up registration available at Packet Pick-Ups on 9/7, 9/8 and race day.
• Individual & Group volunteer opportunities available
• If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Help us reach our 2018 goal of $100,000!
• Encourage our brain tumor survivors and honor the families and friends of those remembering their loved ones. Join us on race day and cheer along our runners and walkers!
• Presenting Sponsor
• Premium Sponsor
• Platinum Sponsor
• Survivor Stride Sponsor
• Kid’s K and Kid’s Area Sponsor SOLD
• AmeriBrain Sponsor SOLD
• Gold Sponsor
• Mile Marker Sponsor
• Water Stop Sponsors
• Silver Sponsor
• Bronze Sponsor
• Copper Sponsor
• Media In-Kind Sponsor
• In-Kind Sponsor