BHC OA’s first ever CHILI COOK OFF will take place during the October 13th Harvest Safety Fest! It’s fall y’all…let’s eat chili! Whether you are a Texas chili purist, believe in beans or no beans, or make the most delicious veggie chili recipe, come show Block House how great your favorite chili recipe is!
HOW TO COMPETE:
- This competition is open to all BHC residents!
- Make your award winning pot of chili at home on October 13th!
- Deliver in a heavy duty pot or crock pot to keep the chili warm for competition (there will be no power.)
- Bring along any toppings in containers.
- Bring a note card listing all ingredients (including allergens) and mark the card with one of these: MILD, MEDIUM, HOT. Do not put your name on the card. Please do not have your name visible on the pot or any containers.
- Turn your chili into the big white tent at Tumlinson Park on October 13th between 12:00-12:30 PM.
- Your chili will be judged by your neighbors attending Harvest Safety Fest!
- Judging will take place between 12:45 – 1:45 PM.
- Judges will receive a ticket upon entering the tent, taste all entries, and cast their vote for their favorite chili upon exiting the tent.
- First, second and third place prize winners will be announced at 2:15 PM.
COME JOIN US FOR SOME AWESOME CHILI COOK OFF FUN!
Special Note: This competition is for fun. It is not sanctioned, nor are the judges using an official score sheet.